Thursday 16 January 2014

Question 6



During the making of my film i have leant about new technologies and what good creations they can manufacture. I have divided these into different categories; filming effectively using a camcorder, editing of film sequences and additional post production skills such as; sound, special effects and adding titles.

Filming effectively using a camcorder:


Light is one of the essential part of filming and is largely responsible for the way a film looks. It sets the tone of a scene. It can also be used artistically representing emotion and holding a meaning.


 



When doing research before doing any filming I found out that i shout shoot the same part a few times, so that i have more to work with, up to five times. I took this and used it whilst filming and I'm very glad that I did as it certainly help me out. This was because if a shot didn't fit in or was terrible quality I would have had spare shots to use as a back up. i found this was true during my filming because my shots didnt match and because i hadnt film something five times i had to go and refilm, which did waste quite a bit of time that i could of used for editing.

Editing of film sequences:


 

 



 In preparation of my film I made a storyboard.

I used a timeline of camera shots, dialect and sound. This was so I had a idea to go by, putting the interruptions from my mind on to paper creating a step by step guid. As filming started I started to see things from a different point of view, it was as if I felt I had produced some good ideas already but they were just 'good' not excellent like the ideas I came up with whilst looking through the camera. I soon changed a few shots, angles and sounds and realised I didn't have to stick side by side with my storyboard, it was only a bit of gentle guidance in the end i changed most things on my storyboard.

Post production skills- sound:



I spent time listening to songs by a few different artist. However, as soon as I heard Chase amd statuses "end credits" I thought it was good for our film, it fit well into the representation. I learnt including sound is one of the most important elements in film making and that I shouldn't let my attention run from this by classing it as a 'small detail'. I also picked up that adding sound to a sequence adds emotion and rhythm, it also foreshadows the atmosphere. I was happy with how my film turned out with the song we used.


 



Adding titles was alot harder than I first expected, I have never before experinaced any sort of film editing. Getting the titles in the right position was hard I had to get the positioning and timing right, this was to match the non-dialect sound and sequence of clips.

I have never paid much attention to the rolling credits usually at the end of a movie but whist I have been creating I have acknowledged them and realised what an important role they play, Learning this really helped my project. Adding the credits was wasnt very time consuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment